San Diego Recap Part Three – Zoo Part Two

Ok, I’m going to attempt to write the rest of the zoo recap in one or two more posts. I didn’t realize just how much we packed into just a few days haha!

When last I wrote, I described different textures and the condor attack.

I was having such a good time! It was awesome to get to work Jayden so much. We stopped a lot to rest and give Jayden water. It wasn’t hot, but we were in a lot of sun. I was on antibiotics that don’t do too well in the sun. Do you see where this is going?

We encountered inclines often but I handled them fine, having been doing inclines on the treadmill at the gym a lot. However we hit an incline that did me in. There was no way for me to know how long this thing went. It was steep steep steep, and it just kept going and going. The sun was beating down on me and all at once I was just done. B laughed, saying I’m the one who works out, that is he laughed until I reminded him that MS doesn’t like it when I get hot and the antibiotics didn’t like sun. We stopped and rested on a bench but then had to go up some more. By the time we reached the top, I was scared. I did not feel right at all. I told B I needed to stop and eat or find a nurse’s station. We had to walk a lot more to find a place to eat. B got me sat down and then went back and forth, telling me what was on the menu at the counter. I just wanted water. He got me a huge bottle of water and a burger. The water was awesome but I could hardly eat. I was near hysteria I was getting so scared and trying not to show it. After not moving for a bit I started freezing so B went and got me coffee. We were hoping I could go on once I was nourished but no. I told him we had to find medical staff.

As we got back near the front of the park I was feeling so bad because there was still half the zoo B hadn’t seen. I had known it might be a challenge to walk the whole zoo but I never expected to get that sick. I did feel a bit better after the huge bottle of water and half a burger and B and Jayden were both making sure I took it slow. As we neared the entrance I freaked out.

“Wait! What if the nurse insists on calling an ambulance or something? I’m not that sick, I just need to not walk.” I had stopped dead in my tracks. B waited for me to decide what I needed. I came to a decision and hoped he’d go for it. “Find me a bench in the sun and you go on.”

“Are you sure?”

I could hear the doubt in his voice. “Yes, I’ll be fine, I have Jayden, just find a bench in the sun. If we leave now I’ll never forgive myself.”

He reluctantly found a bench in the sun. I had my long sleeve top on and my Rays cap so I wasn’t concerned about the antibiotics but if I didn’t sit in the sun, I’d freeze. He made sure I was sure and I shood him away. Jayden passed out at my feet and I just listened to the people as they passed. I texted B, telling him to take his time and enjoy himself. A minute later I heard his voice asking if I was sure. Hahaha! He had taken a turn and found himself back where I was. He took off again and I resumed listening. The best thing I heard was this,

“Doggy! Doggy doggy!”

“Of all the exotic animals he saw all day, he’s most excited about the dog.”

Some people commented on how beautiful Jayden was as they passed. About fifteen minutes into my resting, I was feeling tons better. A woman asked if I knew the time. I checked my phone and told her it was a quarter of two. Little did I know I was about to have one of the coolest experiences of my blind life…


Filed under Doggy Diaries, Jayden, sicky sick, spoons, working dog

3 Responses to San Diego Recap Part Three – Zoo Part Two

  1. Alyssa

    So you’re gonna leave us in suspense? How rude! LOL More, more, more!

  2. Ro

    I just wanted to see who was paying attention. 😉
    Ro recently posted..San Diego Recap Part Three – Zoo Part TwoMy Profile

  3. Alyssa

    Hahaha. When it comes to zoos, who can’t pay attention? Animals!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.