I’ve had some pretty massive writer’s block over the last week. I haven’t even been able to formulate a blog post. So I thought I’d come back to the short story challenge and see if it will spark something.
I never got a response back from a baseball player haha, so I had Georgie pick a number from one to eight. She doesn’t read here, so she had no idea why I was asking. She instantly said seven, which was Pattib’s submission. Sooo, my challenge to myself will be a thousand word or less short story with a beginning, middle and end with the objects mountain, string and goldfish bowl. I’m giving myself a deadline of next Friday. Wish me luck!
Thanks so much for all who gave me objects. It actually morphed into things other than just objects and I kinda like that. I’ll link to this post when I do another one of these. Here were the submissions for the first short story challenge here at the Roof:
1. Carin – chair, knapsack, phone
2. Amanda – Panda, leash, guitar
3. Steve – Squirrel, refrigerator box, stop sign
4. L^2 – Winter, purple, elephant
5. Toby’s Raiser – Polka dots, music, camera
6. Katrin – Pencil, dolphin, rock
7. Pattib – Mountain, string, goldfish bowl
8. Natalie – necklace, nose, paranoid homeless person.
These were all great submissions and with every comment, I was beginning to formulate ideas. I think this challenge is awesome for anyone who wants to try writing, but can’t think of a story. It’s amazing what three words will do for you.
Ok, off to brainstorm!